Easter/spring break traffic tends to be spread over a longer period than Christmas or Thanksgiving. Some people will take off the week before Easter, some the week after. During this time, may find more traffic than on an average spring weekend.
If you’re like many people, and are planning to hit the road this Easter break, you should know that research shows it’s one of the busiest times of the year for road accidents.
While many of us will be taking the opportunity to make the most of the long weekend, it’s important not to stretch yourself beyond your limits and keep road safety front of mind.
Top tips for safe driving this long Easter weekend:
• Get a good night’s sleep in the days leading up to your journey.
• Avoid beginning a trip at the end of a day’s work.
• Take a break and stretch your legs every 2 hours, and swap drivers if you can.
• It is dangerous to rely on caffeine, energy drinks, and loud music.
• Slow down while driving at night.
• Ensure that your registration, car servicing, and car insurance are up to date before you leave.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Have a wonderful and SAFE holiday with family and friends.